Search This Blog

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Obession {black and white strips}

I was scrolling through all my saved inspiration photos and realized I've got quite a collection of rooms with black and white strips. There is something that I am just instantly drawn too when I see a room with them. Their classic and really go well with many different styles, other colors and patterns. I wanted a place to put them all in one neat and organized place. So here you go.

What I love about this one is the soft color palette. Not much going on other than black and white but yet it looks still so inviting. The natural fiber baskets, the pictures and oversized letter sitting rather than hanging and the the children's chalkboard easel give the room a very comfortable and inviting feel.





 What I love here is the open shelving all the way to the striped vase sitting on the counter. I love that they used color in the decor pieces which can easily be changed out and using edible decor, lemons, limes, pears, apples. Any fruit or veggie with a vibrant color is one of my favorite ways to decorate my kitchen.








This would look so cute in my bathroom. This pattern is actually called Chevron but who's being technical?






Love all the shelves! I just wouldn't want to dust them though.


Roman shade are probably my favorite window treatment. They always just look so neat and tidy. The stripes add such personality to the room. Also loving the daybed and baskets! That would be my spot for reading.


Really cool idea to paint on the actual floor. Might be a good option instead of refinishing the floors.


Always love finding ideas for bedrooms for shared rooms. Maybe because I grew up always sharing a room but I've always wanted to design a room with two kids in mind. I have a boy and girl so it won't be happening. Oh well. I'll just enjoy looking.

                                              
 What a fun playroom! Who knew chalkboard paint could looks so good on walls.

Very cool sunroom. Love the use of rustic with glamerous. The exposed wood beams paired with a delicate chandelier.

 The strips help the lenghthen the room 
would work great in a small apartment or
house. 

I just love the breakfast nook in this kitchen. I would love to have breakfast there every morning. The black and white checkered flooring is also a fave. It's just classic.



No comments:

Post a Comment