Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Going retro

In this day in age with everything digital and so much technology it's easy to forget where things originated from. Today anyone can pick up a digital SLR camera, strap it around their neck and call themselves a photographer.  I don't want to be that kind of photographer.

So I'm taking a step back. I've decided I want to learn photography in it's rawest form. I am looking forward to learning true photography with my "new" Argus C4.

Here's a little history I found on the Argus C4.

Argus  sold over 300,000 Argus C4 35mm rangefinder cameras in the 1950s. It had one of the best implementations of a viewfinder with superimposed rangefinder, an easy film load concept and a hot shoe for attaching and connecting a flash without cable. It had a modern design, but no interchangeable lenses. But the Geiss company of Chicago customized C4 cameras for interchangeable lenses which were made by Enna in Munich, Germany.
Info via Camerapedia

No comments:

Post a Comment