Search This Blog

Monday, April 11, 2011

No ordinary cupcake

I've been researching cupcakes lately, yes researching, and I've found some very  interesting recipes. I am not sure if it's the time of the year or if I just find cupcakes irresistible but I now have a dozen or so recipes that I want to make. Thank goodness for all the birthdays, I mean a least I'll have a good reason to be making cupcakes, right?


At first I thought that was a sliced strawberry on top. Nope. It's bacon. I have to tell you I've got a little obsession with bacon. These sound so delicious to me. Check out the recipe for these French Toast with Maple buttercream frosting cupcake and then topped with bacon.

image via Life is better with cake

Bella has been asking me to make cupcakes topped with donut for a few weeks now. Of course I thought she was just being a sugar crazy kid but when I saw these Coffee donut cupcakes I thought it really wasn't such a bad idea. These are topped with swiss meringue coffee buttercream and then a mini krispy cream donut. Um yes please.

image via Life is better with cake
  

I had this idea a year ago. My son, I'm sure like most kids, loves his pb&js. I thought it would make such a great cupcake. Well someone else did too. Can't wait to try these Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcakes and I'm sure my son can't either.
image via My Baking Addiction
Ok one word. Nutella. No more needs to be said. The recipe can be found at My Baking Addiction.
image via My Baking Addiction

No comments:

Post a Comment