Search This Blog

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Party Planning

I'm in the midst of planning my daughter's 9th birthday and I'm having so much fun. I love planning parties. It always gives me so much joy to be able to plan a special celebrations for my kids and I honestly think I could plan parties for a living.

 So I decided to do the theme "In a flash" because the last 9 years have gone by in a flash! I honestly can not believe we are about to celebrate her 9th year...it's just crazy.

So I've scoured the Internet looking for inspiration and have come up with lots of great ideas.

I began by creating her invitation. I'm old school and still love traditional invitations. I make mine through Vistaprints.com and honestly you can't beat their prices, as long as you order a head, fast shipping can be pricey. I've learned my lesson in waiting. That's where they'll get you. Trust me give yourself at least a month maybe even a month and a half in advance.

I also started by creating props for the photo booth. Which will be the main entertainment at the party. Which you can see we did a little photo shoot for her invites as well. Here's another pics of the props I've created so far.







Next, I saw this great tutorial for this balloon wreath at Our Best Bites and will put this for the front door decoration. I'm gonna mix in a lot of black and white into the mix so the ribbon for the wreath will be black and white strip ribbon I found at Hobby Lobby. I'll post later of the finished wreath.





I'm also going to do a photo timeline of my daughter through out the last 9 years which will hang behind the food table for all the guest to look at while they get there goodies, which reminds me I need to finalize the menu! Decisions...decisions...

I am a very visual person. So lately what has been helping me sort through all my ideas and all the wonderful inspiration I found on the world wide web is to make an online inspiration board. It helps to see all the pictures I've collected all on one collaborated piece. Here's mine
I've gotten even more inspiration and ideas since making this. Like the balloon wreath. Which actually changed my color scheme a bit. I think I'm going to just incorporate more colors into the mix. Also not sure about the cupcakes. I still love the owls. I think they go somehow but I just haven't absolutely decided that's what I'm going to end up doing. Oh one last thing I made the inspiration board at Mosaic Maker .
There really great for getting ideas in one neat space and super easy to do.

Happy Party Planning!




No comments:

Post a Comment