Search This Blog

Friday, August 26, 2011

First week of school success + back to school treats

So we made it through the first week of school. It went so much better than I could have even expected. This being the first experience for Angelo going to any type of school or class environment, ever, I really didn't know what to expect and for me,and for Angelo, the unknown is always the worst. He not only had he never attended prek he really has never left me for more than a few hours unless it was with my mom, who he stayed over night with a few times. So this was an entirely new experience for both of us. I tried to prepare him the best I knew how by checking out books on starting kindergarten from the library, talking with him about what to expect and also having his older sister share and talk with him about what she loves about school. Even with all that I still was so unsure how it was all going to play out once he actually started. Well...he love it! "I actually like it" were he's exact words. I couldn't be happier! It makes it so much easier watching him walk on to the bus knowing he'll come home with stories of all the things the did that day. He has grown up so much in these last few months and even more in this last week, it's hard for a mama to watch her "baby" grow up sometimes but I honestly couldn't be any happier with the amazing little person he has become.

Here are a few back-to-school treats I made for their first day back.


These are Oreos dipped in the candy melts, found at Michael's, with a pretzel and a leaf made out of a gumdrop.
This is just a roll of Smarties, the extra large ones, I found at Old Navy for a $1, then I attached this great smartie pants printable 

No comments:

Post a Comment